Thank you for joining the This Can Make a Difference Tour by hosting a 3 Day Symposium.
Square Foot Gardening 3 Day Symposium Host Checklist
- Secure a nice location with work tables, and abundant seating, screen, projector, possibly a sound system.
- Provide check in instructions, arrange local transportation, answer questions, make master roster, take photos, arrange all those type of details, be prepared for the unknown and unexpected, arrange dining details & transportation arrangements,etc for guests to be able to plan their time in your town.
- Obtain funding if needed for location, etc.
- Invitations / reservations
- Get the word out (radio, websites, libraries, schools, higher learning establishments, garden clubs, etc.)
- Provide event coordinator with a list of local hotels and restaurants, possible sites of interest within 1 week of booking event.
- Provide address of venue to SFG Events
- Locate a nearby SFG garden to visit for hands on demonstration & have it ready for class tour (be willing and ready to conduct the class tour)
- Lodging / transportation arrangements for instructor(s)
- Print off fliers/handouts for students; assist instructors with their needs for teaching
- Have a light healthy snack in presentation room; if early class consider providing juice and fruit, bread for breakfast. (Suggested)
- Communicate with event planner weekly, then daily (within the week of event). Davanna Driggers (803)-447-4609
- The host will invite and refer prospective students to the www.SquareFootGardening.com website for registration. Please inform students to bring SFG Book, camera, paper and pen to take notes.
Its a great idea if all the students can go to lunch or dinner together; not required, but it builds camaraderie and gives time to build relationships and share ideas!
Special Event Promo!
||As a participant in this year’s This Can Make A Difference Tour, 2012 you are eligible to earn a $50 SFG gift card. (If you are sharing responsibility with someone else; you may share your $50 SFG card)! Requirements for gift card are to have 10 or more adults registered and attending the full 3 day symposium.
Please fill out the form below and we will contact soon to start the process. If you have any questions or comments, please include them in the Details sections.
The characters you copied from the image are incorrect. Please try again.